2020年11月2日星期一

A love letter from Geek to Science

 


It was originally a love letter from Geek to Science. It is even full of scientific calculations, involving mathematics, astronomy, chemistry, and so on.

But the plot is very simple, a few words can be summed up, no blood fighting, no deliberately set plot reversal, even no dark character.

It's just the story of how an astronaut (Mark Watney) survived 549 days on Mars.

There were no bad guys, and the only thing he needed to fight against and accompanied him was the desolate Red planet.

All Mark had to do was to conquer the planet with the help of science.

It is worth mentioning that the author tells the story from the protagonist's point of view. It no longer appears in the image of God and the manipulator and tells the reader all the details. It's about acting from the role's perspective, thinking the way the role thinks and acting based on what the role already knows.

There is a passage in the book:

"The real reason they're doing this is that everyone has an instinct to get their mates out, which may not seem like it sometimes, but it is. Hikers who get lost in the mountains are searched for. When a train has an accident, people line up to donate blood. When the earthquake destroyed a city, people from all over the world donated emergency supplies. This instinct is deeply rooted in human society, and every culture is no exception. Yes, some idiots scoff, but many more are willing to do so. That's why I have over a billion people on my side."

That sounds so cool.

When I read this passage, it made me feel that the world is really beautiful. All human beings can even do the same thing "regardless of the past."

It's as if the world doesn't have so many things that bother us that we desperately want to ignore.

Besides, there are so many topics in the book.

In addition to the obvious science, I think loneliness can not be ignored.

I was thinking, what would I do if I was up there?

Whether I am an art student, I don't understand mathematics, chemistry, or astronomy, and I can't think of so many ways to solve problems.

Even if I could, I just couldn't seem to sit down and think calmly.

Mark has a catchphrase.

“Anyway, one problem at a time.”

“Anyway, one problem at a time.”

In fact, he will also lose confidence. When he meets a seemingly unsolved problem, he will also say:

“I quit.”

But he will gradually calm down. Still say: Come on, things aren't as bad as they seem. Tackle one problem at a time.

In addition, the book's top priority

The potato is man's real best friend.

They are so warm.


没有评论:

发表评论